As a rule, natural and non-toxic products (e.g. wood, bamboo, cork, wool carpet, natural linoleum, marble/granite/limestone/porcelain, natural finishes, etc.) tend to be our favorites. They are sometimes more expensive than other products initially, but that’s not the whole story.
Sustainable products tend to:
- last longer
- wear better
- clean easier
- smell better
- create a pleasing, healthier environment for residents
- be biodegradable
Non-sustainable products, on the other hand, tend to:
- be short-lived
- require more maintenance
- exhibit toxic and foul smells for many months, with some out-gassing undetected for years
- compromise the health of individuals and the environment
- provide only short-term pleasure
- sit in landfills almost forever
In the long run, the life-cycle costs of sustainable products are usually less expensive. Plus they bring greater satisfaction during installation and for generations of use.
Since 1991 we have supplied natural and non-toxic materials to countless homeowners and builders for new and remodeled homes and commercial buildings. Many of our clients forced us to find natural products that would compete in price with cheaper, unnatural products. This was a challenge, but we did it.