Casement windows are the most energy efficient style of window that is meant to be opened (picture windows are more efficient, but are designed to not open).
Casement windows offer such energy efficiency because of the design: these windows have a strong seal on all four sides. When a casement window is closed, the sash presses tightly against the frame so air cannot pass through. A strong gust of wind can actually press the sash and frame closer together.
Other types of windows are not designed to seal so tightly because of the way they open by sliding along a track. While modern replacement windows from Window Nation are all designed to be energy efficient, older windows in need of replacement can be a source of unwanted energy leakage.
When a window does not seal securely, air can leak in between the sash and the frame. In the winter, cold air from outside can leak into your home while heated air can escape. To stay comfortable, you’ll need to turn up the thermostat. In the summer, the reverse happens, and you might need more air conditioning to stay comfortable. The more heat or air conditioning you use, the larger your energy footprint and the higher your energy bills.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The stylish and contemporary casement windows are highly energy-efficient
- When closed, these windows block external sounds and disturbances
- Our uPVC mock sash casement windows and others are very easy to maintain
- uPVC casement windows are made of un-plasticized material and are non-hazardous to health.
- Casement windows offer increased security with grids, multi-lock points, etc.
- The windows are highly durable and long-lasting
- They are robust in features and do not expand or contract because of weather conditions