Insulmix is a light grey pre packed cement based powder
mortar mix composed of special hydraulic binders with sealed expanded clay,
expanded microspheres and minerals and special additive for thermal insulation
• Insulmix is made of sealed expanded clay, expanded microspheres and minerals. When microspheres and clay are rapidly heated to high temperature, the water vaporizes instaneously and the crushed expanded clay, expanded microspheres and minerals “pops” like popcorn, expanding till 20 – 40 times its original volume.
• By the use of these expanded clay & microspheres, the resultant cellular structure accounts for the lightweight and excellent thermal insulation properties.
• Due to the sealed nature of the cells, expanded clay, expanded microspheres and minerals and addition of silicone sealants the cement mortar block made has more strength and resists penetration of water to a greater extent than open celled aggregates of the same weight.
• After mixing Insul Mix, cement & sand mix as per specified ratio on site with water in a mixer, it becomes easily workable on floors.
• Compared to the other light weight mortars, however Insulmix is more resistance to rain water and has higher strength.
• All the insulating material that is used are mix of minerals & hard grit like structures with graded particle size forming a compact structure binding ; because of this after some time due to density difference , settling of material does not takes place and air gap is not formed.
Submit the inquiry to get direct support from our product team
By the use of these expanded clay & microspheres, the resultant cellular structure accounts for the lightweight and excellent thermal insulation properties. Compared to the other lightweight mortars, however, Mx Insulmix is more resistant to rainwater and has higher strength.
- Thermal Transmittance is reduced.
- Insulmix provides better insulation with desired high resistivity & less conductivity.
- It has good compression strength.
- Due to the compact structure of expanded grits; the settling of material does not take place and air gap and cracks in IPS is not formed.
- Insulated mortar being cement & masonry based prevents any crack formation after drying or with time.
Area of Application:
- All new and old constructed residential & industrial flat, sloping & industrial corrugated roofs, tanks
- Existing cementations substrates like concrete screeds, above china mosaic/tiles etc.
There are no inquiries yet.